Sunday, February 5, 2012

So much easier

Clearly it's been forever since I've written anything here.  Part of the reason is that I was just too darned tired to and when I wasn't tired, I wanted to spend time with my boys.  What has changed since then is that Hunter is sleeping through the night with much more regularity and consistently goes to bed each night between 7-7:30pm.  As any mom (new or seasoned) knows, the power of sleep (any quanity) cannot be underestimated! 

Also, the husband and I have talked more about this blog. He's been very supportive of my desire to have a creative outlet.  And he's been encouraging me more to get my stuff out there.  So, to that end, I will be writing more and I will be adding photos too.  I was a volunteer second shooter at a wedding this past weekend with my dear friend and mentor, Susan.  A family friend of hers planned a wedding and had asked her to take photos.  It was fun for me to be her second because it gave me a chance to take photos and practice the camera skills I've been slowly working on developing.  (And it justified, at least in my mind, several hours worth of pinning photography-related things on Pinterest.)  I haven't downloaded all the pics yet, but here are a couple of the venue. All these are SOC (straight out of the camera).  I still don't have Photoshop or Lightroom. But that's a whole 'nother post!

Outside the Como Conservatory - note the lovebirds perched on the bench.


Architectural detail.


Makes me think of something one would see in Paris or Italy.


Love the sun flare in this one. 


Printers letters snagged a few years ago at an antique store for about $3. 


Inside the Sunken Garden.  The light was so gorgeous and changed from bright to almost gone while I was shooting.